Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Happenings

Our Easter weekend started on Good Friday. The kids were out of school for inservice day. I boiled eggs on Thursday evening so the kids got to dye eggs on Friday afternoon.
The Finished Products.

Friday evening I hosted Bunco while daddy took the kids to the Hannah Montana movie with Hayleigh's Girl Scout troop. We got home about the same time. Saturday morning started with an Easter egg hunt presented by ARC for special needs children and their families.The "official mascot" of the egg hunt.
Deklan found a golden egg and won a prize.At least they're not too old to pose with the Easter bunny.

Saturday afternoon my kids discovered some baby bunnies.
Apparently abandoned by their mom. They were burrowed into the wood chips on our playground. Chances were the mom wasn't coming back since kids had already been playing with them. We saw the first two - only two right? Wrong! There were three more under the one bunny. We left them until after dark - I didn't want to take them in and the mom come back, she would have been sad. I checked on them at 10:30 p.m. and only saw four. Thinking the mom was in the process of moving them, I left them alone and checked again at 11:30 p.m. It was then that I saw the fifth little one nearly frozen to death under the slide. (A sixth one had already died earlier in the day.) So I took them inside, warmed some milk, put them in a box with a towel, and put them under a lamp for the night. I woke the girls up to help me. Right now we have 5 little bunnies already jumping around and escaping the cage - the cracks in the cage are a little large for five day old bunnies. We assume they're only 4-5 days old because they just opened their eyes this afternoon. Our dog is going nuts. She just sits at the door to the bedroom and cries to check out the bunnies. We're afraid to leave her alone with them. I would like to believe that her motherly instincts are kicking in but I wouldn't want to chance that. Saturday evening I took Hayleigh to the Arena Football game - the 4th and 5th graders from her school performed the National Anthem. On Sunday morning... All the kids were visited by the Easter Bunny. New outfits for all three.


A Spiderman fishing pole for Deklan, a Betty Boop watch for Kodi, and a Tinkerbell watch for Hayleigh. Today we went to lunch as a family. Then made a trip to the pet store to get supplies to care for the babies. This afternoon we watched Open Season 2. That was our weekend. Hope you all had good ones too!

No comments: