My little bitty town.
We are finally home. We were in Aurora, Colorado - a suburb of Denver. We actually came back on Friday the 10th. We had enough of being away from home for so long. We weren't supposed to come back until early this past week but we were so ready to be home. We left about 3 in the afternoon and arrived home about 1 a.m. We used to live in Aurora before moving to Kansas. I didn't realize how much I really don't like Denver anymore. It takes all day to get somewhere just to spend 20 minutes before turning around and going back. Ok - maybe a slight exaggeration, but not much.
Things just didn't seem the same - I guess they never really are once a person moves away. I had one friend that really took the time to spend time with me. The rest just had to work me into their schedules - even though they were fully aware that the kids and I were going to be there. Granted we were gone for quite a few weeks and I was probably at my breaking point anyway, but I really don't know if I'll take my summer and visit them again. At least not next year. The important thing is that the kids and I enjoyed most of our time away. We took a couple of days and went to the mountains. I reconnected with a couple of friends that I really haven't seen since high school (1992). That was fun - awkward, but fun. Anyway, I'm back and I have a couple of "Deklanisms" to share with you.
We stayed with a friend that has a really nice, large house. I asked Deklan if he thought we should get a house like that. (I really have no intention of moving and love my apartment.) Anyway, here's his idea of what our next house should be.
1. It should be a flower painted house. (I'm not sure exactly what he has in mind but that scares me!)
2. It should have a gate for the backyard and should come with a dog run.
3. It should have so much dirt so we can plant flowers. (I don't have a green thumb by any means.)
4. It should come with 4 bedrooms so the dog can have her own room. I asked what about the girls (they currently share a room). He said, "Hmmm... you're right - only 3 bedrooms." (Apparently the girls don't need a room of their own and the dog can share with them.)
5. It should have 14 windows.
6. It should have 3 elevators because it should be 5 stories up and have 20 doors because there's only going to be 5 bathrooms. (I guess that's one bathroom per floor.)
7. Make it come with an Xbox and a Wii - only one of each though.
8. It should have 20 - no, 21 - clocks. (Can you tell I'm always running late?)
9. Make it come with a limo and more than $100 dollars and 2 comfy couches.
10. It should have 48 trash cans. (I asked, "You think we have a lot of trash?" He said, "Yeeaah!"
11. It should have pictures of "our band" on the wall. (Right now our band is Big and Rich.)
12. For the 3 bedrooms - 1 is big, 1 is medium, and another 1 is medium.
13. It should have 100 packs of pens and 100 cars - blue, but not toy cars. (100 packs of pens and I probably still couldn't find one when I needed it.)
14. He said, "What about let's buy furniture at Big Lots?" (Umm.. ok.)
15. A set of CD's - Rascal Flats, more Big and Rich (although I think we have all of their CD's) and "I don't know what else."
16. "How about it comes with food?" (I asked what kind of food.) Spaghetti, chicken noodle soup, asparagus (yes, he likes asparagus), chicken, green beans, peanut butter, jelly, bread to go with the peanut butter and jelly, bologna, and Miracle Whip.
17. It should have fly swatters and 28 lamps.
18. It should come with bottles and cups. Bottles like the ones with straws that don't come out and cups that you just suck (tip and sip cups). (He likes no-spill cups with lids.)
19. It should come with bones for the dog.
And, I swear this is really what he said...
20. Probably a replacement for Hayleigh - but not a monkey.