Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Quick update

Being homeless ain't what it's cracked up to be. We're actually staying with some friends. 9 people in one house - it's fun. These are the friends that Deklan sometimes has playdates with. Their son has sensory issues too, plus he's officially dx with ADHD and OCD. Put him with my son and the room is just not big enough for both of their egos because neither is ever wrong. Don't get me wrong - I am extremely thankful that they've opened their home to my clan. I've had a couple of leads on properties but nothing has happened. We have an application in for a property - please pray that we get that house.

First, I was not a good leaving tenant. I left the place kind of a mess. I feel really bad. On the other hand, we were still moving junk out at 10 at night on the 30th. I was tired and done! The manager had already implied that I wasn't getting my deposit back anyway so I guess that helps with the guilt. Unfortunately, it doesn't look good on a rental application when they call for references. Of course it can't be much worse than "reason for leaving: lease was up and received a notice of non-renewal."

Second, the friends letting us stay with them do not care for dogs. When we leave, if we don't take Riley with us, we have to leave her in a kennel in the garage. When we are home, we have to use a baby gate to keep her downstairs with us. The other kids are afraid of her. Nevermind that they are fine with teasing her, running from her so she'll chase them, "petting" her by poking at her, flapping her ears. She's been a really good girl though. She barked at first because she wasn't used to everything yet. Now, other than the occasional slip, she doesn't even bark. She hasn't nipped at them or growled at them. My kids she has but that's how they play - she knows the difference. She's a good girl.

Last week on the first, they kept their son home because he was up late and would have had a hard time getting up for school. I sent mine. I had to keep Riley leashed and at my side the whole time. I stayed in my room most of the time. Today, they kept their son home because he has a doctor's appointment. I would still take mine to school - even if it caused a melt down. Anyway, I didn't want to be home all day with the little ones (the younger son is 4) running around. I try to stay away as long as possible when they're home - I don't want to intrude on their privacy. It's very difficult and I'm ready to move on. In fact, I'm at a different friend's house using her computer and making myself at home.

Anyway, just keep us in your prayers. And that's the update... for now.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Hey Marshella!
Wish I could bring you some Chocolate Chip Cookies (or maybe a really tall margarita!!!). Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I have you and your family in our prayers. I wish I could help in some way. Hang in there and your time will come to move on into your own place. Keep us updated, please.

Maggi

Marshella said...

Thanks! I'll keep you posted.