Thursday, December 11, 2008

Getting Help

I have a friend who is graduating this weekend with a master's in psychology. She's already been working and teaching in the field at WSU. After Monday's experience I thought I seriously needed help with Deklan. I emailed M yesterday morning telling her about the incident on Monday and asked her if she knew of anyone that would be willing to take Deklan on as a patient, preferring someone with autism experience. She called me yesterday afternoon and had me talk with one of her colleagues. I've actually met this person (we'll call her S) before and I really like her. She does have experience with autism. M thinks Deklan is just the cutest thing so S already knew about him and was very interested in meeting Deklan. Our meeting is tomorrow morning. I'm very excited about this - I think it's what we both need. Thanks for your concern (I was concerned too) and I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

mommy~dearest said...

Yay! So excited to hear how it went... :)