Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's been awhile

Sorry, I know it's been awhile since I've been here. Life gets busy sometimes. You all know what I'm talking about.

Deklan's ear is fine now. You can't imagine how tiny that piece of paper was. Here is a recreation, but not an exaggeration.

In perspective, This was taken on a small square pan. The second was taken on a folder.

Yes, it's the little white dot. The doctor used this little vaccuum to suck out the paper. It had a tip like he'd use to look in the ear or nose. It was kind of cool actually. Deklan didn't think so though. But he's fine now.

Since I was here last...
1. We had a Girl Scout camp out and haunted stroll. My troop girls, including Oldest daughter, had a blast. I came back with extremely sore feet and poison ivy. Still getting over the poison ivy.

2. My oldest daughter developed scabies. It's some sort of mite that gets under the skin. Not sure how she got it - she's the only one that has had it in our family. She did get a spider bite, but I'm not sure if that's how she got it or not.

3. Our Girl Scouts finished their fall candy and nut sales. YEA!!! I was the service unit manager for all 19 troops. We had audits last week and everything went well, for the most part. Today is my audit with the council and am hoping that goes well.

4. Deklan started his Boy Scout popcorn sales. By the way, you can log onto www.orderpopcorn.com, choose Shop without a key: Select council, choose KS: Wichita - Quivira, Go and shop! I'm shameless, I know! It's been hard getting him to sell this stuff. The good thing, besides selling to family, is that I volunteered to work one of the show and sell tables outside Wal-Mart so he did earn some credit.

5. Youngest daughter went with her Girl Scout troop to see High School Musical 3 and had a sleepover. She was so excited - she's still at the age where she doesn't get invited to many sleepovers. She's been to a few in the last few months so that's good. She's the middle child and I always feel like I'm neglecting her when I talk about the kids.

These are just some highlights from the past few weeks. I'll post some more later - I have to be somewhere in a few. I'll also post some photos - I finally got my camera to upload to the computer. YEA!!

3 comments:

Bobbi said...

Sounds like things are going great for you. That was a tiny peice of paper. Yikes!

Casdok said...

Glad Deklan's ear is fine now! :)
The scabies dont sound much fun. :(

mommy~dearest said...

Yay! Welcome back!